tc “Introduction” \f Atc “Introduction” \f Btc ” Introduction” \f EIntroduction
Thank you for choosing ZTE MF23E EVDO Wireless Router (hereinafter referred to as “unit” or “router”). To get the most from your router and to keep it in the best condition, please read this guide carefully.
The router operates on the EVDO network and supports voice and data service. And the router is only suitable for family user, not suitable for industry user.
There are two router models. One needs UIM card inserted in and the other does not need.
If the section or function in this manual is marked with “?”, it indicates that this section or function is only available to the model with UIM. And the other functions are available to both models.
|Network & Frequency Band||CDMA 800?UL824-849 MHz?DL869-894 MHz|
|Input: 100 V~240 V (AC), 50 Hz~60 Hz
Output:+12 V (DC), 700 mA Max
TC ” Technical Parameters” \f “E”Specification
|EVDO 1.8Mbps UL
EVDO 3.1Mbps DL
|Weight||About 400 g|
TC “Appearance” \f “A”TC “Appearance” \f “B”TC ” Appearance” \f “E”Appearance
TC ” LED Indicator” \f “E”LED Indicator
|POWER||ON||External power supply works normally.|
|OFF||External power supply is disconnected or the router is powered off.|
|Blinking||On dialing, or there is an incoming call, the phone is ringing.|
|OFF||The voice function is not in use.|
|PPP||ON||Internet connected normally.|
|Blinking||The router attempts to connect Internet.|
|OFF||Internet disconnected and not attempt to connect.|
|3G||ON||RF signal is normal. Different color indicates different network.
Red: CDMA 1X.
Green: CDMA EVDO.
|Blinking||RF signal is poor.|
|OFF||RF signal is not available.|
|ON||Wi-Fi works normally.|
|Blinking||Wi-Fi working normally with data transmission.|
|OFF||Wi-Fi works abnormally, or this Wi-Fi function is disabled.|
The indicators (including PPP and 3G) are all blinking in green when:
• ? The UIM card has not been installed.
• ? The PIN code or PUK code is required.
• The router can not work normally.
TC ” Interface Description” \f “E”Interface Description
1. POWER Switch: Turn the router on or off.
2. POWER Socket: Connection for the external power supply.
3. WPS: WPS button is used to start Wi-Fi Protected Setup authentication process. Press and hold this button for 7S to restore to original factory settings
4. PHONE: Standard RJ11 connection for telephone.
5. LAN: Ethernet connection for computer.
6. ?UIM: UIM port for inserting UIM card.
7. External antenna connection.
TC “Installation” \f “A”TC “Installation” \f “B”TC ” Installation” \f “E”Installation
1. ? Insert the UIM card into the UIM port.
? Please power off the router and remove the external power adapter before removing or inserting the UIM card, if not, the router or UIM card may be damaged.
2. Connect the telephone to the PHONE interface with a phone cable (RJ11).
3. Connect your computer to the LAN interface with an Ethernet cable (RJ45).
The router will adapt the Ethernet cable style (crossover or straight) automatically.
4. Connect the external power adaptor to a standard power outlet. Insert the plug into the power socket at the rear of the router.
5. Turn the power switch on to get started. Make sure that the phone is on hook before powering on the router.
Do not put anything on the top of the router. Do not lay routers to overlap each other when using.
6. Wait for 1?2 minutes after turning the router on, you can use the router normally. The3G& POWER indicator should be lit on.
l When the router is turned off, an incoming caller will hear the prompt like “The number you have dialed is currently unavailable.”
l If the3Gindicator is blinking constantly, try to move the router to another location. The router takes 1~2 minutes to initialize, attach to the network and obtain an IP address.
TC “Making a Call” \f “A”TC “Making a Call” \f “B”TC ” Making a Call” \f “E”Making a Call
Before making a call, make sure:
• ? The UIM card is installed.
• The telephone cable (RJ11) is connected properly.
• The POWER indicator is lit on.
• The3Glight is on.
To make a call:
1. Pick up the handset.
2. Key in the telephone number.
3. You can either press # key on the telephone to send the call, or wait 4?8 seconds for the call to be connected automatically.
4. Call will be connected.
If there is no3Gindication, the RF signal is unavailable. Change the location of the router and make sure nothing is blocking it.
Making a Trunk Call
If you are making a trunk call, add the area code as normal.
E.g. 03 9612 3456
Making an International Call
If you are making an international call, key in the international access code followed by the country code, area code and number.
E.g. 00 11 64 12 345678
TC “Answering a Call” \f “A”TC “Answering a Call” \f “B”TC ” Answering a Call” \f “E”Answering a Call
When the phone rings, pick up the handset to answer it. If the telephone has hands-free function you also can answer the call by pressing the Hands-free key. Press the Hands-free key again to end the call.
TC ” Internet Access” \f “E”Internet Access
The router does not require any drivers, and it supports all operating systems with Ethernet LAN capability, such as Windows 2000, XP,Vista, MAC OS X and Linux.
All the parameter settings in this chapter are just for your reference. Please contact your service provider for detail.
TC “Preparation” \f “A”TC “Preparation” \f “B”TC ” Preparation” \f “E”Preparation
Before using the data service, make sure:
• ? The UIM card is installed.
• The Ethernet cable is connected properly.
• The POWER light is on.
• The3Glight is on.
• The PPP light is on.
Web browser requirement:
It is suggested that you use one of these web browsers to connect to the internet.
• IE 6.0 or above
• Firefox 2.0
• Netscape version 9.0
TC “Login” \f “A”TC “Login” \f “B”TC ” Login” \f “E”Login
The router can be connected by RJ45 or by Wi-Fi (the SSID is “ZTE Wireless Network”). By either connection mode, you should set to obtain an IP address automatically in the attribution setting of Internet protocol (TCP/IP).
After your computer gets the IP address (like 192.168.0.1) from the router, open a web browser and type “http://192.168.0.1”in the address bar. Input the username and password.
User name: admin
Click Login to log in the router.
If you click Save after you give user name and password, the router will save them, next time when you want to log in the router with the same user name and password, what you need to do is click Login.
tc “Modify WPA Password” \f Atc “Modify WPA Password” \f Btc ” Modify WPA Password” \f EModify WPA Password
To modify the WPA password, do as the following steps described.
1. Type “http://192.168.0.1” in the address bar to log in the router.
2. Select Wi-Fi Settings > Security, and then select appropriate WPA security mode and WPA algorithms.
3. Set a new password in the Pass phrase field, click Apply to confirm.
?tc “PIN Function” \f Atc “PIN Function” \f Btc ” PIN Function” \f EPIN Function
If you have a PIN code with your UIM card, you need input the PIN code, when you login at the first time.
PIN save: If you Save Pin function, the router will save your PIN code, and you do not need to input PIN code every time after power on.
After you changed the PIN code, you still need input PIN code again, even though you enable PIN save function.
TC “Logout” \f “A”TC “Logout” \f “B”TC ” Logout” \f “E”Logout
Select Logout, a pop-up window will appear as shown in the following figure:
Click OK to logout the router.
TC ” General Information” \f “E”General Information
TC “Safety Precautions” \f “A”TC “Safety Precautions” \f “B”TC ” Safety Precautions” \f “E”Safety Precautions
• Some electronic devices may be susceptible to electromagnetic interference. Locate the router away from TV set, radio and other electronic equipment to avoid electromagnetic interference.
• The router may interfere with medical devices like hearing aids and pacemakers. Consult a physician or the manufacturer of the medical device before using the router.
• Please keep yourself at least 20 centimeters away from router.
• Do not use your router in dangerous environments such as oil terminals or chemical factories where there are explosive gases or explosive products being processed.
• Please use original accessories or accessories that are authorized by ZTE. Unauthorized accessories may affect the router performance, damage the router or cause danger to you.
• Do not attempt to dismantle the router. There are no user serviceable parts.
• Do not allow the router or accessories to come into contact with liquid or moisture at any time. Do not immerse the router in any liquid.
• Do not place objects on top of the router. This may lead to overheating of the device.
• The device must be placed in ventilation environment for use.
• Do not expose the router to direct sunlight or store it in hot areas. High temperature can shorten the life of electronic devices.
• Do not allow children to play with the router or charger.
• Keep the length of the cable between the router and the phone less than 10 meters.
• The router is for indoor use only. Do not use the router outside. Do not connect telephone extensions which run outside of the building. These can result in lightning damage to your unit.
TC “Cleaning and Maintaining” \f “A”TC “Cleaning and Maintaining” \f “B”TC ” Cleaning and Maintaining” \f “E”Cleaning and Maintaining
• Use an antistatic cloth to clean the router. Do not use chemical or abrasive cleanser as these could damage the plastic case. Turn off your router before you clean it.
• Use the router within the temperature range of-10?? +55?, and the storage temperature range is-20??+65?. The humidity range is 5%~95%.
• Do not use your router during a thunderstorm. Remove the mains power pack from the wall socket.
• ?Do not take out your UIM card unnecessarily. The UIM card may be easily lost or it can be damaged by static electricity.
TC “Limited Warranty” \f “A”TC “Limited Warranty” \f “B”TC ” Limited Warranty” \f “E”Limited Warranty
• This warranty does not apply to defects or errors in the Product caused by:
i. Reasonable Router Appearance Disfiguration.
ii. End User’s failure to follow ZTE’s installation, operation or maintenance instructions or procedures.
iii. End User’s mishandling, misuse, negligence, or improper installation, disassemble, storage, servicing or operation of the Product.
iv. Modifications or repairs not made by ZTE or a ZTE-certified individual.
v. Power failures, surges, fire, flood, accident, actions of third parties or other events outside ZTE’s reasonable control.
vi. Usage of products of third Parties, or usage in conjunction with third party products provided that such defects is due to the combined usage.
vii. Any other cause beyond the range of normal usage for Products. End User shall have no right to reject, return, or receive a refund for any Product from ZTE under the above-mentioned situations.
• This warranty is end user’s sole remedy and ZTE’s sole liability for defective or nonconforming items, and is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed, implied or statutory, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, unless otherwise required under the mandatory provisions of the law.
TC “Limitation of Liability” \f “A”TC “Limitation of Liability” \f “B”TC ” Limitation of Liability” \f “E”Limitation of Liability
ZTE shall not be liable for any loss of profits or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from or arising out of or in connection with using of this product, whether or not ZTE had been advised, knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages, including, but not limited to lost profits, interruption of business, cost of capital, cost of substitute facilities or product, or any downtime cost.
TC “Emergency Call” \f “A”TC “Emergency Call” \f “B”TC ” Emergency Call” \f “E”Emergency Call
Do not rely on the3GWireless Router to provide emergency call in all situations.
Your3GWireless Router only supports emergency dialing when there is power and connection to the mobile network. If the power fails, the router can not work. If you have no network coverage you will not be able to make emergency calls. The3GWireless Router does not include a lifeline facility (wired access to the PSTN).